01. What payment methods can I use on the Scanpan South Africa webshop?
Currently, the following payment methods are supported on the Scanpan website:
Credit or Debit cards (Visa or MasterCard):
Regrettably, we can not accept AMEX cards.
Please note: Not all Debit cards are accepted, this depends on your bank (For example, some Capitec Debit/Cheque Cards cards do not work)
Instant EFT: During the checkout payment process, once you have been redirected to the Secure PayFast payment page, you may select to pay via EFT. You will be taken through several steps to log in to your bank's online banking portal to set up a payment to complete the transaction.
If you are experiencing any problems with making a payment, please e-mail or call Customer Services, we may still be able to process your payment using an offline method (regular Bank EFT only). Please note that we may need contact you to request additional ID and/or proof of your physical (billing) address should we have any reason to believe your order may be high risk or fraudulent.
02. How is the VAT rate calculated?
All Scanpan South Africa products purchased through the www.scanpan.co.za webstore are shipped directly to you from our central warehouse facility, located in Cape Town, South Africa. Therefore, we are obliged by law to to levy South African VAT at 14% on all sales from the Scanpan webstore.
03. Who or what is PayFast?
PayFast South Africa is an online Payment Service Provider ("payment processor") and is Scanpan South Africa's payments partner of choice for processing all online payments on the Scanpan South Africa website. Using the services of PayFast, we are able to offer you a range of different payment methods to pay for your online order, including a variety of different credit cards, online wallets and online banking (EFT) payments. PayFast is a leader in online payments in South Africa and we have carefully selected them as a trusted payments partner for handling your financial transactions in a safe and secure manner.
04. Is my online payment information secure?
The Scanpan South Africa website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL/TLS) encryption to secure the connection between your computer and our servers. When you browsing the Scanpan website, you can click on the icon to verify the SSL certificate of the website is valid.
Your browser should indicate the Scanpan South Africa website as https://www.scanpan.co.za/. Some browsers may display a padlock or a lock symbol and will say "Secure". The online payments platform of PayFast is fully secured; this payments platform meets all the industry standards for online payment transfers. The Payment Card industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an accreditation enforced by Visa and Mastercard, for which PayFast is regularly audited. The PCI DSS guidelines ensure that all credit card details are securely processed and stored on their systems.
5. Why was my credit card payment not accepted?
Due to privacy restrictions, we will not be able to see why our payment service provider or your credit card company has refused to process your payment. We simply don't have access to these details about you and your credit or bank account status. However, we would certainly like to assist you, should this be the case. The most common reasons for your credit card payment being refused are:
- The maximum credit limit on the card has been exceeded (you should to pay down the outstanding balance)
- The name on your card is different to the name you have entered (carefully check your details for typos)
- The card is registered at a different address than your billing address specified on the order (to prevent fraudulent use of your card)
- The card is temporarily blocked due to multiple failed payment attempts (you should contact your bank to have the card unblocked)
- The 3-D Secure verification check (e.g. 'Verified by Visa', 'MasterCard SecureCode') was unsuccessful (please ontact your bank to enable this, or to get instructions about how to use this feature correctly). Please sure you have 3DSecure enabled on your card, before you attempt to buy on the Scanpan South Africa website.
06. What is 'Verified by VISA' or 'MasterCard SecureCode'?
To increase security of internet payments and to protect bank customers against credit card theft and identify theft, credit card companies introduced additional card payment verification steps, called a '3DSecure' check. 3DSecure works by adding an authentication step for online payments. After you have filled-in your credit card information for making your payment, you will be automatically forwarded to the website of your credit card company or bank. There you will have to authenticate yourself. This differs per credit card company and by country, but in most cases you will need to provide a password or a random code you receive by SMS, Banking App or Email, often on your mobile phone, to authenticate your payment. If you don't pass this step, your payment will be cancelled and your Scanpan order will not be processed. If you need more information about the 3-D Secure check, please contact your bank or credit card company directly.
07. Does 3-D Secure cost more?
No. There are no additional charges to you as the consumer for 3DSecure.
08. South African Banks - Contact numbers for 3DSecure Support:
Because 3-D Secure takes place in your bank’s payments environment, you need to contact your bank directly on one of the following numbers:
• Nedbank : 011 710 4710 (International dialling: +27 11 710 4710)
• First National Bank : 011 369 2999 (International dialling: +27 11 369 2999)
• Standard Bank : 0861 201 311 (International dialling: +27 861 201 311)
• ABSA : 012 317 3344 (International dialing: +27 12 317 3344)
09. Can I pay in installments, or does Scanpan South Africa offer credit?
Unfortunately, Scanpan South Africa has no credit offering in place for paying in installments or extending credit facilities to consumers at this time. Please note: All sales are charged at the full amount when we deduct payment from your card at the time of purchase.